Friday, April 1, 2016

Snow Tire Neurosis

Leave it to me be anxious over this, but I really want to swap out my snow tires for summers because with every day that I drive on them, I can feel the microscopic layers wearing off of them, thus shortening their useful lives. That drive up to Maine nearly broke my heart. My hope is that we can get another year out of them, but with all the driving we do, that may not be realistic. Part of the problem is that the weather up here is crazy and you just don't know what you're going to get. One day it's balmy, and the next you get snow. I wouldn't give it a second thought if spring would just declare its arrival and we could be done with the snow and ice. No such luck.

This winter was particularly rough, too, because since there was little in the way of snow, the hard roads probably wore down the snow tires even more. Factor in all the driving we do for hockey, school, and work, and it's amazing we get more than a year out of them.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to crosslens for the pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment